If you’re a diehard Ford fan, then this is one vehicle you can’t miss. The next Shelby Ford F-150 Raptor is slated for release next year. When you opt for the top-end model of Ford Shelby Truck, you’re looking at a bill of $1,50,000. That’s almost half of the price of the base model. If you’re an elite member of the Ford fan club, you could get the top-end model for $1,80,000. It’s always about the money. So, you better buy it in a hurry!
Ford Shelby Truck’s Specifications
The Ford Shelby truck price is important to consider but there are some other things that need to be reviewed. And, while specifications are everything, here’s what you need to know about the new Ford Shelby truck.
- Engine: Ford Shelby truck is powered by a 5.0-liter supercharged V8 engine. That’s a bit of a bummer since it’s nowhere near the 5,2-litre V8 unit which Ford used in the Raptor.
- Power: It generates 525 horsepower and 610 lb-ft of torque. Both the numbers are respectable and are comparable to the F-150 Raptor.
- Transmission: Ford Shelby truck’s 3-speed automatic is replaced with the gearbox from Shelby F-150 Raptor 2022.
- Performance: It can reach a speed of 0-60 miles per hour in 4.9 seconds and its top speed is 165 miles per hour.
- Chassis: Ford Shelby truck has been given a unique chassis with strengthened aluminum frame. And, its new underbody has been provided with a two-inch aluminum tow hitch.
- Features: Shelby F-150 Raptor 2022 gets a lot of added features in comparison to the F-150 Raptor, including a full LED lighting setup and a very special styling package.
- Safety: Ford Shelby truck 2022 gets extensive safety features including a push-button start, a rain-sensing windshield wipers, and Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system.
- Price: Ford Shelby F-150 Raptor 2022 is priced at $1,50,000 which is almost 50 percent higher than the base price of F-150 Raptor. The price is, however, worth it if you’re someone who’s looking for a truck in this price range.
What Makes Ford Shelby Truck So Special?
It’s a fast and furious truck. Not really, but it is one of the fastest pickups in the world. And, while the Raptor is usually so fast that it can out-accelerate most cars on the road, the Ford Shelby truck can outrace most supercars. It’s best in straight-line racing and thanks to the crazy engine, it can reach staggering speeds. It can hit an incredible 190 miles per hour and can even reach 300 miles per hour if that’s your cup of tea.
And, considering that the whole design has been built with a different aesthetic in mind, it’s impressive how light the truck is as well. The Ford Shelby truck’s launch spec weighs less than 3,000 pounds. It’s definitely one of the lightest trucks around. It’s lighter than the Ford F-150 Raptor and almost 1,000 pounds lighter than the 2018 F-150 Raptor.
How Does The Ford Shelby Truck Exterior and Interior Look Like?
As mentioned above, the Ford Shelby truck 2022 is a beast to look at. Its looks are best described as menacing and it has so many gobs of carbon fiber that it looks like it’s made from LEGO. It has both aggressive and stylish looks. It’s only up to you what to use it for. It’s best suited to a race track but the thing that’s awesome about the Ford Shelby truck is that it’s in such high demand that buyers can get it in any color they want. The color options are limitless.
There are LED lights and even performance parts like splitters, skid plates, and whatnot. Inside, it has a lots of upgraded materials, and both an instrument cluster and a head-up display. It’s a somewhat sportier cabin than the F-150 Raptor and is a bit more luxurious too. There’s a bit more legroom in the rear too. It’s best truck you’ll ever drive if you love sports cars.
But then again, it’s not just a truck. It’s a truck that comes with a bit of muscle. It comes with a 5.2-litre supercharged V8 engine that produces an unbelievable 710hp (568kW) and 900Nm (590lb-ft) of torque, which is super impressive. That means it’s more powerful than the previous Raptor but slower than the current F-150 Raptor.
It gets a 20-inch front wheel with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and a 21-inch rear wheel with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar rubber. What makes the Ford Shelby Truck even more fun is that it comes with even more customization options, from Shelby and Ford’s experience in creating extreme performance vehicles. This makes it one of the most powerful trucks in the world. It can go 0-100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 270 km/h.
What Are The Conveniences The Ford Shelby Truck Has?
There are lots of technological innovations incorporated into the Ford Shelby truck. From what we know, there’s no additional cabin space because the rear seats have been removed. But there are other features that would make it worth it if you consider the overall size. For one, it’s the first truck in the world to get Ford Shelby truck’s brilliant Auto-Gate system. That means you can lock the cabin via your mobile phone.
The rest of the gadgets in the Ford Shelby truck 2022 include SYNC 3 and Android Auto. There’s a navigation system and navigation plus to locate the truck. It’s also Ford’s first-ever auto-blink feature. It’s a series of sensors that alerts you with an audible beep when you’re about to run a red light. And then there’s Sync Connect.
That means you can connect your phone with the truck to do everything from make calls to check emails. The truck also gets customizable lighting which can be controlled remotely. It also gets a pop-up camera in the grille which can be controlled through the Sync App. This means that when you need to park your truck, just stick the key in the truck’s ignition and start steering while it starts to open. It also gets a 12-inch TFT instrument cluster that can be customized. If you’re feeling nerdy, you can also put the rear view camera on a single display.
If you’re a performance junkie and want something super speedy, the Ford Shelby truck is what you need. The next-generation Ford Shelby truck is worth waiting for. It’s not only one of the most special Ford vehicles in its own right but also a pretty pricey one. But if you’re a diehard Ford fan, this vehicle is definitely a well-deserved reward. That said, let us know in the comments what you think about the new Ford Shelby truck and if you’ll be buying one.