White Claw is made in America and there’s no other brand that has higher alcohol content and a lower price. The total amount of alcohol in White Claw Hard Seltzer is 4.6% ABV. However, White Claw is already sweetened and lightly carbonated, so the alcohol content is absorbed into the drink. White Claw Hard Seltzer contains 0.3% of alcohol by volume and 0.15% of alcohol by weight. Alcohol content of White Claw is essential to be measured with a completely accurate way.
The alcohol content of any distilled spirits or beer can be assessed by simply using the drinks’ alcohol by volume and alcohol by weight. The ABV can be estimated by the ABV of the alcohol content of the drink. The most accurate method for measuring the alcohol content of any distilled spirits is by dilution. To measure the amount of White Claw alcohol content, you will need to add the suggested amount of 5-6oz of white rum to the can. If you add the suggested amount of 5-6oz of white rum, you will measure 4.6% ABV.
Why Do They Do This?
White Claw Hard Seltzer manufactures their hard seltzers with 4.5% ABV. This is a lot more than 5% ABV. So why do they do this? White Claw uses the more common serving size of 12 oz. White Claw doesn’t have the same growing pains as other hard seltzers because it has a clear label that’s easy to see. The 12 oz. bottle can last a while and provides much more product for your buck than the 8 oz. bottle. The alcohol content of white claw will never go over 4.5% ABV.
In fact, you’re almost guaranteed to enjoy White Claw every time you use it. It’s so popular with women that the flavor package is gender-neutral. It’s no surprise that women love the taste of White Claw. Due to low quantity of alcohol content in white claw , you will notice a distinct difference in taste. There’s not a lot of alcohol per ounce. For a 12 oz. can, it only provides 90 calories. Even if you cut the alcohol content in half, you’ll still only get 80 calories from White Claw.
Disadvantages of White Claw
The drawback to White Claw Hard Seltzer is that it has a very short shelf life. It only stays good for a week or two, so make sure to use it while you can. Also, if you purchase the 12 oz. bottle, you will need a sealer to prevent the aroma from leaking. The white claw alcohol content is considerably higher than the other hard seltzers. The higher alcohol content is mainly used in the recipe, not by the product itself. The alcohol content of white claw only provides only a slight difference in taste. While this is a definite bonus for the people that love white claw hard seltzer, it’s not that much of an advantage for people who prefer other hard seltzer brands. Here are few other disadvantages of purchasing white claw:
- As an affordable option, you may not get to enjoy White Claw as much as you’d like. You’re not a huge drinker and just want to enjoy white claw hard seltzer once in a while.
- The flavor is much stronger than other hard seltzers. While you’ll notice a difference in the taste and texture, it may not be noticeable to people who don’t drink hard seltzer often. For a drink with an ABV of 4.5%, you will notice a very sharp taste in the mouth when you first start drinking it. After you’ve had it for a few hours, the sharp taste will fade away and the liquid will become less noticeable.
- After you open a bottle, you will need to place a sealer on the bottle to prevent the odor and taste from leaking out. It’s best to purchase the sealer rather than use an open bottle.
- You will not be able to taste white claw soft seltzer unless it’s an extreme amount of white claw hard seltzer. The alcohol content of white claw is responsible for the distinct taste and texture in the finished drink.
- Can’t go from one flavor to another in one shot. You need to drink the White Claw Hard Seltzer in the order the package describes. With other hard seltzers, you can get on the roller coaster and switch flavors anytime you want.
Why Do People Love White Claw Hard Seltzer?
White Claw Soft Seltzer uses a lot of natural ingredients. The packaging is fun and easy to drink out of, and the color is great. When you drink the white claw hard seltzer, you will get the full flavor, not just the taste of the alcohol and a very slight sweet taste. White claw hard seltzer is also a very convenient to carry around since it comes in a convenient, resealable bottle. It’s a great choice if you are looking for a refreshing drink and don’t want to be bothered with carrying around a glass bottle or a different drink altogether.
Its competitors include Blue Moon, Shock Top, Fat Tire, and Lagunitas. If you’ve ever had hard seltzer, then you know what a unique taste it has. Although it has a significantly lower alcohol content, it’s a plus point because low alcohol content of white claw is good for health. We are not recommending it, but doing some research on different soft seltzers is a good idea. The problem is that it is less refreshing than other hard seltzers. There’s a clear taste of alcohol and a mild flavor. Other drawbacks are also given above.
Apparently, the white claw look like a good option if you’re new to the hard seltzer category. The flavor and texture may be off-putting to some people, but the alcohol content doesn’t make the experience as unpleasant as it could be. You also can’t go too fast because the alcohol is very noticeable at first, but it will fade away in a few hours.
Just keep in mind that this is a young soft seltzer so you should stay away from alcohol-containing drinks. If you’re interested, be sure to read our list of alternative hard seltzers that contains zero quantity of alcohol content. We hope you enjoy our review about alcohol content in white claw.